ITalent: competition of IT projects and cybersport
May 11, 2017 |
That’s the hype after The Kyiv Major and loud festivals. As with the support of the state, they decided to hold ITalent – IT projects among schoolchildren and e-sports competitions under 18 years old.
May 13, this Saturday in ASUS CyberZone, Kiev will host the final part of the competition for the discipline Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Dota 2. For the organizers, this is the first (pilot) project supported by the state. The main idea of this event is the development of computer technologies among the youth – schoolchildren.
Part of IT nominations is divided into 9 groups and into two age-old categories from 8 to 14 years and from 15 to 18 years.
Among the nominations we will see:
- 2-D animation and graphics using (Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator / Flash, Photoshop, GifAnimator)
- 3-D animation and graphics (Blender, 3DMax, Bryce 3D, Maya / Blender, Premier, Maya, Toonboom Tech., TB Solo / digital Pro, 3DMax)
- Video editing using any software
- Software development on platforms (NET, C ++, Java)
- Hardware-software development (Arduino, Mbed, Simplecortex)
- The development of computer games (Unreal engine, Unity 3D, Flash)
And also two cybersports disciplines:
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive
- Dota 2
The cebersports part of the event is divided into two stages: qualifying – among 32 teams throughout Ukraine and the final for which will be 2 teams of winners of qualifiers. Qualifying pass on the Olympic system – BO1 and final – BO3.
Organizers of the project:
- Ukrainian State Center for Out-of-School Education
- IPO “Kyiv INTELLIGENCE CLUB”
- NGO “The Universe in Harmony”
For ITalent organizers, this is the first / pilot event with little coverage, but in autumn the organizers plan to better prepare and hold the second season.